I never thought I could give up my cable box, or my DVR. I loved that I could tape all my favorite TV shows and would eagerly wait for them to be recorded. TV was my best friend. I would even watch TV and search and record for stuff that was playing so I could get an uninterrupted fix of recorded commercial free TV. At one point I was having conflicts on how many shows I could record during the same time slot. I even started recording late night talk shows because there wasn’t any conflict. Even though I didn’t like the talk shows that much, but at least they fed my habit until I could get the real junk in my veins.
Yes I was a full blown addict. I would lie cheat and steal to get my shows. I hogged up the recording so much that my family got shorted and had to get their own box. I even secretly recorded the Kadashians and would delete it quickly so that they wouldn’t how far gone I was.
at the bill each month. When I opened the bill it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Lightning turned to anger, and then anger turned to regret. I Knew it had to stop.
Like stages of grief I was in denial about the bill. I even started to bargain with the “SYDCC” to try to get my bill lowered. As hard as I tried, in the end i was not doable. With the help of my husband I canceled my entire TV service.
I’ve been clean for one week and so far I’m OK. I still have Netflix until that runs dry. So far I’m satisfied. I’m going to get an antenna to watch to news and that’s it. I will miss my friends; Ellen, Chelsea, and the new fall line up, i will make it though, one episode at a time.
At last I’m free. I fired cable TV.
- You can join the Iamtomnardone group here or ADHD People Facebook Group by clicking HERE.
- Or you can enter your email address at the top of this page and click the button that says “BE AWESOME”
- Or you could risk never hearing from me again and go through life without the benefit of our counsel, but what would be the fun in that?
- Big Brother Alert: Cameras In the Cable Box to Monitor TV Viewers (thelastgreatstand.com)
- TiVo Cuts Prices on Monthly Service. But is it Enough? (savings.com)
- How the next Xbox can win the cable TV war (reviews.cnet.com)