Subscribe to Tom Nardone, and you will be awesome
The Tom Nardone Show
- Don’t listen to Tumor Rumors.
- I am Afraid, but I am not finished. (not even Close)
- The Light of Empathy
- A Stop Sign for Edie
- Chasing Kites with Tom Nardone
- Chasing Kites by Tom Nardone is Available Right Now!!
- An Unforgettable Halloween w/ Kotex & Brody Bricker
- Bad Guys | Mayberry Goes Gangster!
- Used Shit is the Best Shit
- Tom & Yvonne Nardone Take Orlando
- Homeless People | The Romance of True Freedom
- Eating. The Absolute Ultimate Pain in My Ass!
- Getting Hired. I am the Pied Piper, Follow Me!
- Teenagers v/s Parents
- Lying, It’s Not Just Necessary, It’s Fun!
- Manipulation | Harness its Power, and Eat Its Fruits
- Bullshitting yourself Bullshit 102 (BS102) Part II
- LED Light Bulbs, This is what you need to know
- Commitment: I Beg You All, Love Yourself Enough to Avoid This
- Handshake | Perhaps, Its Time Has Come.
- ATTENTION FOLLOWERS OF TOM NARDONE
- A Poem by Tom Nardone – Just Trust Me People
- Question Society’s Rules, or You’ll Miss Something!
- Not Giving a Shit, This is the Power of Being Uninformed.
- Rat Race, To Hell With That , I Don’t Follow Sports Anyway.
- Tom Nardone, The Goodwill Sharp Dressed Man
- Infidels, Worry Not. | Asalaam alikum from Tom Nardone
- Fast Food Rules of Engagement
- Kids Are Visual, Give Them a Show!
- Superhero, You Can Take That Job and Shove It!
- Frosty the Snowman, You Are Gonna Love Hell!
- Clutter is finished, Get That Table Out of My Sight
- ADHD Blogs, This is Why Many of them Suck
- Cooking with Yvonne Nardone
- This is Tom Nardone…Live from My Hospital Room
- Merry Christmas! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
- Rudolph the Red Nosed, Reindeer? Are You Kidding ME?
- The Conclusion of Nardone v/s Nardone | The Jury is In!
- Nardone v/s Nardone | You Be the Judge!!
- I am Tom Nardone, Welcome to My Show!
- She was Beautiful.
- Better Than a Date with Ned Hickson
- Don’t Pick a Fight With Your Body, It Will Kick Your ASS!!
- Bullshit 101 | with Tom Nardone Part I
- His Name is Elliot, and He is ADHD
- WordPress Family Award | Tom Nardone
- Whoever cares the least, WINS!!!!
- Artists: Some Work in Paint, While Others, in Bullshit.
- High Planes Blogger
- I Am Tom Nardone | How May I Help You?
- The Passive Aggressive: Artist or Asshole?
- Be Interesting. It is Just a Matter of Common Courtesy
- This is Not a Shitty Sports Story
- OH NO! There’s Nothing On Netflix! | So Let’s Make Lemonade!!!
- The Wolves Are At the Gate!!
- Calling In Sick |Do You Have What it Takes to Play at This Level?
- Bees, Spiders, Snakes, and Bugs: I Quit, You Can Have the Damn Yard You Bastards.
- Brody Bricker Vol IV. | Late Night Swimming!!
- Attention Assholes, Please Don’t Masquerade As Decent People.
- WE ARE ALL SCREWED!!!!!
- The Bodily Function Police
- Confessions of a TV Addict
- THE ULTIMATE HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Randall Kennedy, I Am Here For You.
- My First Blogger Award
- Attention Creditors, I don’t Owe You, I Own You!
- I Am Tom Nardone Presents: “DAY-CEPTION”
- They Gave Me Creative Control. Me!
- With friends like these, I have no enemies
- I Am Tom Nardone, and I Can Make Your Dreams Come True!!!
- Tom Nardone Vs The Lawn | Let’s Mow Some Ass.
- Tom Nardone, My ADD Was Untreated.
- The Family Outing. Hell Has Relocated!
- I am Tom Nardone, and I am ADD
- New Car Wrong Color
- Recycle? Don’t Be Silly ! Nobody is Raping Mother Earth!!!!
- Smart Money w/ Tom Nardone.| Put Your Future in My Hands
- History or Literature, They Are Narrowly Separated.
- Yes Dear, We Can Eat Out Tonight. Just get me a shirt that says ”Kill Me Please”
- I Was a Kick-Ass Father
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Strikes Back!!
- America. Quit Playing With Yourself!!!!
- I Am Perfectly Happy Driving a Dumpster.
- He’s Not Heavy. He’s My Blogger
- Tom Nardone’s: Theory of Pants
- Man’s Best Friend, or The Spawn of Satan?
- Telemarketers, I Am Begging You All. Come Back!!
- ADHD | You Will Find What You Look For.
- Brody Bricker Vol II. | Brody Bricker Makes the News!!
- Tom Nardone’s Driving Museum of A##holes!!
- Tom’s Endless Summer 2013
- Brody Bricker Vol I. | Man, That’s a Cadillac
- Cell Phone For Tom Nardone? | I would rather just have a fishhook in my ass.
- The Dishwasher | A Useless Chunk of Shit
- Tom Nardone is My Husband | He is Also ADHD
- Time-ADHD, I Love You, but You Are a Whore!
- My Wife is Just Wrong
- Two Weeks Notice? HELL NO!
- America is Debt Free (Or at least as good as)
- Public Restrooms- | – Are you shitting me?
- The worst Job I Ever Had
I might very well be the most uninformed person in the entire country. I have not watched single news broadcast since the towers came down. I am happily uninformed. I could not name three people in the United States government. I live in South Carolina, and I could not tell you the name of out governor or the name of a single member from the house or senate of any state. Yes, I know this is Awesome; let me tell you all about it! Continue reading
I have been fortunate over the last two years to have made a lot of friends. There are a lot of people who have a tough time making friends and I can relate to that. I don’t have much of a problem with it these days but to be honest with you, having a lot of friends is not always as great as you might think.
There is a lot expected of you as a friend. I would urge you to be careful, and to avoid being too many people’s best friend.
Yes I know; it is a highly coveted position “The Best Friend” I will tell you why that is not something to aspire to without moderation. I will ask you. Do you know what is expected of “The Best Friend”? Everything is expected of the best friend. You are either the first or last person they go to with the worst things in their life that they think must be done. This can be a burden that maybe you will not be prepared for. Certainly I don’t mean that you would not want to be there for any friend who has lost someone dear to them or to help them in a time of need. I am talking about stuff you don’t care about.
How about moving day? Yes Moving day. The very words sometimes cause me to drop a nut. Yes when a person decides to move, they make no bones about the fact that they are disrupting our lives, simply by telling us that they are moving.
So they get a nice new home, and you and I get a large order of guilt and a side order of anxiety. They even go as far as to say it will be FUN!!
“Yah guys we will just be hanging out and drinking some beers, and having some laughs it will go quick.” They will sometimes say “There is really nothing that heavy”. They would have you believe that their furniture is made out of balsa wood. OK liars, the truth is that is not going to be a lot of laughs. It is going to be a pains-taking endurance test, and the whole time we are there we are going to be asking ourselves; is this guy’s friendship really worth this? Could I have not come up with an excuse to avoid this? HOWEVER, this is not a question that you will ask yourself,…. best friend.
The best friend will without a doubt be there on moving day. He or she will not be afforded the luxury of having more pressing matters. As the best friend you know all too well that if no one shows that this person will be moping around for weeks and they will be able to say “Even my best friend did not come help me”. They will of course say this to their best friend. Yes you will also have to hear about it, and as a human being you cannot allow that. You must, and you will endure. It is your lot for this awful day. This is the job of the best friend.
Our friends choose all kinds of ways to disrupt our lives. Maybe you have experienced this. Your friend has been dating someone for three years. When you are least expecting it, they announce that one day very soon in your life; you are going to make them the focal point of it for an entire damn day. Do not make any plans because by God you will be there at their disposal, on that magical day when they get married.
One thing about a friend getting married is that you are not going to get out of it. Other than them calling it off or eloping you are going to be there unless you have a car crash on the way to the church and what are the odds that will happen?
Guys this is just a one day ordeal for you, but women, you have my sympathy. This woman who is getting married is going to make your life a living hell. She won’t want to make a single wrong decision. So she will appoint “guess who?” as her bride’s maid. Yes, she will choose the Best Friend. They get to be involved in this process every step of the way. I have only one word of advice to any of you ladies who are asked to be bride’s maids. If you hear the word elope come out of her mouth, Carpe diem baby. Save everyone for you may never again get a chance like this to be a hero to so many.
This Last thing can be a never-ending death that you may have to survive only to repeat again. If you have a lot of friends there is one thing you better not own. If you find yourself suddenly becoming Mr. or Mrs. Popularity, and your friends are growing beyond a reasonable rate of speed, you better get on Craig’s list as fast as you can, and sell that pickup truck to the first person who is physically able to write a check.
You are going to be hauling everything everywhere. You will hate tax refund season, because that is when people by things like furniture, TV’s, Refrigerators, ovens, ranges, and other things in large heavy boxes. You are going to haul the stuff. My advice to you; if you have to have a pickup truck put it in the shop in February, and don’t take it out until May.
I am proud to say that there is a group of close knit friends where NONE of this ever comes to pass. This is a group of close friends that would never expect any of these things of one another. These are the many and the proud; “The Bloggers”. This is a group that absolutely has something that prevents any of this tension from ever coming between them. They have the only thing would prevent a life of unsolicited misery. That is geography; we are simply too far apart geographically speaking.
Blog buddies are the top shelf, the Cadillac, the crème of the crop, the best of the best, when it comes to friends. I do love these people, but I love everyone who takes time out of their lives to be a part of mine.
I have some really great and amazing friends here in South Carolina. I would and I have helped them move. I have hauled their stuff and their garbage, and I was prould to see them get married. I am a good friend to the people here that I love. I will always be there for them.
Here in SC I have what I like to call a manageable number of friends.
I will bet you if Valentine Logar bought a new house, she might call upon friends to help her. I love Val and I would do anything for her, but I am all the way in South Carolina. It wouldn’t even make sense to call me. It would not occur to her to ask me. I love Val enough to help her move, but it is never going to happen.
Jade Reyner might get an entire brand new kitchen, complete with cabinets and appliances, and a giant sofa for her living room. Even though I drive a pick-up truck she is not going to call me. She is too good a friend to expect me to drive across the ocean to the UK in my pickup truck, just to help her het her kitchen delivered.
Wow! I couldn’t wait to do this one. If Essa Alroc were to get married she might very well invite me to the wedding, but under the circumstances given our “Geography” she would never expect me to show. She would certainly understand if I couldn’t make it. I don’t think I would miss that one for the world though.
My point to all this is that being a friend is not just a title. It is a responsibility. As much as I hate to admit this, my life would be empty without responsibility. Responsibility is that which gives us a purpose.
I have friends that I would give everything for. Sometimes you get a chance to be the person who they need when they need them. This is never easy, but it is a rare and beautiful thing. I don’t think I want to live in a world without them; they will certainly never live in a world without me.
Thank You friends for a great year at I am Tom Nardone
I am Tom Nardone, and you are welcome.